Monday, December 15, 2008

So I have become a bit of a suzie homemaker. Here we are making cookies for the YM/YW activity and our little neighbor girl for her birthday. Can you believe I actually maked sugar cookies with wheat flour? Not the tastiest. Love the dish towel held on with a clothes pin and my name tag? And earlier this week, I was making sloppy joe mix the night before zone conference. We didn't have room in our frig so we thought we would take it to the frig at the church. But when we got there, not only were the elders making pizza for dinner and were in the kitchen, the frig had blown a fuse and we couldn't store the goods in it. So we had to take it home. Along the way, we tripped on the cord and the stuff flew out of the crock pot and landed all over our kitchen floor. Glass and all. In a panic attempt to replace it, we dashed to two grocery stores only to find them closed at 10 pm. Praying that they would have the replacement manwich and meat, we were at the store bright and early at 7 am to purchase the goods and get them to the church to feed lunch to the 20 missionaries we would greet. We found exactly what we needed and no more. But alas, in an attempt to help, someone turned on the stove with the extra sloppy joe stuff and burned it to bits. The real problem was that we were in a closed room with air condition and didn't smell the pot burning, but all the construction workers sure did. Somehow, it all turned out Ok and everyone enjoyed a lovely sloppy joe lunch. Of course we totally forgot the popsicles in the Elders freezer for dessert. Oh well, there is always next month to go for the smooth luncheon. Oh, and yesterday, we were cooking a wonderful meal for company after church. I went to light the gas oven with a match which is how we do it here. I didn't realize that it didn't ignight. A few minutes later, my friend smelt gas. We opened the oven to discover the light was out, so I grabbed a match to start her up. We were met with a huge boom and an explosion that burned the hair off my friends legs and my arm. We will recover. What some people do to not have to shave their legs. I have a little ways to go with those mad susie home making cooking skills. But I'll keep you informed of my adventures in the kitchen..

No comments: