Friday, December 26, 2008

AS I was driving along the road, I saw some action and a little outdoor cooking, so I pulled over to find out what was going on. Turns out that these folks were cooking a Christmas cow. They asked me if I wanted to taste some black pudding. Sure I said. I imagined a wonderful sweet Christmas pudding. They took me over to a bucked and pulled out some intestine, cut off a piece and offered it to me. I had to decline. It was not what I had in mind. So they just ate it. Then they proceeded to show me that they cook meat with onions and spices and stuff it back into the intestines. Then they put the intestine into this half barrel of boiling water and cover it with leaves for about 15 minutes. Then eat up! Delicious. I think I'll pass this year. Maybe next. NOT!

No comments: