Friday, March 6, 2009

My volunteer work at a Montessori School


On of the highlights of my week is to volunteer friday mornings at a Montessori School. This is where my heart loves to be. I once heard that one should be with a child or an old person every day to have your soul nourished. And it is true. These are great kids. I usually listen to them read. But this particular day, they were having a little geography lesson on where the US, Canada and Mexico were and what our motto is. In God We Trust, they learned. The St. Lucia motto is the Land of People and the Light. Funny, they say a prayer before snack and sing songs about Jesus. Perhaps their motto should be In God We Trust. As a nation, God seems to have a stronger place in their lives. I must say, it was refreshing and I felt right at home.

No comments: