Monday, May 11, 2009

Sister Juman and the Prime Minister at the Celebration

Sister Juman and I happened to be walking toward the enterence of the National Indian Arrival Day Celebration just as the prime minister was entering the grounds. He was surrounded by body guards, but she wanted to shake his hand, so she did and there I was with my camera. It was sort of a thrill. He even shook my hand. Probably because I was the only white person on the entire celebration grounds. He didn't stop for anyone else. I just drove by his house yesterday in downtown Georgetown. Perhaps I should pop in for a visit sometime and bring him rice krispie squares or brownines or something. You never know when it might help to know people in high places. Then again, maybe he wants to learn about the church. You never know.

No comments: