Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Brimstone Fort

We have been doing several branch conferences on the islands lately. Earlier this month, we were on the island of St. Kitts. While Scot was in meetings, I asked Sister Hadlock, the senior sister, if she would go with me to see Brimstone Fort. I was told it was really great and lucky for me, she had a pass for us to get in at no charge. We had a lovely afternoon exploring the Fort and enjoying the views. Here are some of those pictures. I had lots, but this gives you the idea. There is a lot of history in these islands of forts that protected the islands. Sometimes they were possessed by the British, sometimes the French. For some of the islands in the Caribbean, the Dutch and Spanish fought for possession. St. Kitts was won by the British.


No comments: